Accounting - NCEA Level 2
• NCEA Level 2
• HOF’s discretion – the Year 12 Accounting course is designed for both first year students and those who have completed NCEA Level 1 Accounting. As such, the course covers again some of the content studied in Year 11 but in greater depth and detail, and a number of new topics are also introduced.
• To enable students to recognise Accounting’s importance as a provider of information for decision-makers.
• To develop students’ ability to generate useful information from transactional data, to analyse and interpret this information, and to be able to communicate the results.
• To enable students to enter a work situation and be able to recognise and adapt to the accounting procedures/routines they encounter.
• To foster an interest in Accounting and other financial fields, and to provide a basis for further study, either in Year 13 or at tertiary level.
• To improve a student’s understanding of business organisations.
• To provide students of the subject with an increased awareness of and access to career opportunities in Accounting specifically and Commerce in general.
• There may be field trips as part of the teaching and assessment programme.