Chemistry - NCEA Level 2
• NCEA Level 2 Chemistry.
• Science Achievement Standard 90189 and a minimum of 5 other Level 1 Science credits.
• Completion of a Level 1 NCEA Mathematics course.
There is a significant practical component of this course. Topics covered include:
• Atoms and how they bond together.
• Energy of chemical reactions.
• Testing for ions in solutions.
• The chemistry of acids and bases.
• Organic chemistry and synthesis.
• The opportunity to visit a laboratory outside of school.