Film School - NCEA Level 3
• You must be willing to work – you will not be sitting at a desk in a classroom.
• You must be able to work in small groups with other students.
• You must attend regularly, as practical work is hindered by absent group members – we look at your attendance from the previous year.
• You must be trustworthy, as some film work will be outside and around the school.
• Most of all you must love films.
Note: Ultimately your entry into this course will be at the teacher’s and HOF’s discretion.
• This is a course for people who already know how to film. You will have passed the Level 2 course and be coming back to gain more experience and achieve Level 3 credits. The course will concentrate on you telling your own stories in film. You will plan and produce a short film in the first term. You will then study a New Zealand director. External exam papers will be offered to students who capable and diligent.
• As the external assessments may or may not be offered to all students, this course only has the possibility of being eligible for course endorsement.