Project Based Technology - NCEA Level 3
• Young Enterprise Certificate Level 3 [14 Credits]
• Achievement and Unit Standards at Level 3 [and some at Level 4]. Students will potentially gain at least 40 credits.
A YYoung Enterprise Scheme Book will be provided on payment of the subject fee.
• Either successful completion of 12GRA or 12HMA or 12TEX or 12ART and/or at the HOF/Deans discretion.
Project Based Technology aims to provide opportunities for students with an interest in Design and Technology and will run across two timetable lines. Students who enter PBT will have the opportunity to develop their skills and understanding of CAD, Technology, Mathematics, English and other connected subjects through the completion of a real time hands on project involving the school and the community that supports a cross curricular approach to learning.
Students will design and construct further additions to the Parkway Park in Wainuiomata.
• Project Based Technology will occupy two lines on the timetable [the equivalent of two subjects. This means that 10 hours per week will be taken up with this course].
• To design and manufacture objects using a variety of materials and skills.
• To obtain an understanding of commercial operations including management, planning [including event management], Resource Management Act and local legislation processes.
• To work on a project providing the opportunity to learn skills based on real world activities.
• To gain experience, understanding and independence through practical problem solving processes.
Topics covered will include A selection of Level 3/4 Achievement and Unit Standards drawn from Technology, Computing and CAD. Additional Achievement and/or Unit Standards will be offered from the English, Mathematics and other relevant faculties based on the student’s interest and project requirements.