Mathematics and Statistics - NCEA Level 1
• NCEA Level 1.
• You will need at least 10 credits at Level 1 Mathematics to qualify for the NCEA Level 1 Certificate.
• You will need at least 10 numeracy credits at Level 1 or higher to gain University Entrance.
• You will need 14 credits at Merit or above for a subject endorsement. (at least 3 internal and 3 external credits).
Students will be required to have a graphical calculator (These can be purchased through the school).
• You have achieved Level 5B or better in all strands of the Year 10 Mathematics course.
• Graphics Calculator (recommended) or a Scientific Calculator.
• This course can lead onto the MAT201 AND MAS201 courses (see entry requirements below).
• This course is the basis for students wishing to continue studies in Mathematics to NCEA Level 2 and 3. It includes a variety of internal and external assessments.