Discover Our World - Year 10
Discover Our World is the investigation of current issues from different perspectives (History, Geography) and the impact of these issues on people and the environment.
• A practical ‘hands on’ approach to current issues facing New Zealand and our world (such as, the ‘anti-smacking’ law, cell phones in cars, boy racers, pollution).
• Use of the Social Inquiry Process to investigate current issues.
• Examination of current issues using a variety of perspectives (History, Geography).
• Involvement in social action (doing something practical about an issue).
• A field trip related to the issues investigated may be included.
• An opportunity to complete Internal Social Studies Achievement Standard.
Subjects this leads on to: NCEA Level One Accounting in Year 11
NCEA Level One Economics in Year 11
NCEA Level One Geography in Year 11
NCEA Level One History in Year 11
NCEA Level Two Classics in Year 12
Tourism in Year 12