Links - NCEA Level 1
Inquiries: Gael Ashworth, Deputy Principal
• NCEA Level 1.
• You will need at least 10 credits at Level 1 Literacy and 10 credits at Level 1 Numeracy to qualify for the NCEA Level 1 Certificate.
• Students will be directed into this course on the basis of their Year 10 results across their subjects.
• Students in this course will develop key literacy and communication skills as well as numeracy through a range of Achievement and Unit Standards.
• 54 credits will be offered including a variety from Careers, Science, Social Sciences, as well as English and Mathematics.
• LINKS will run on 3 lines of the timetable, replacing core subjects. Students will need to choose three other subjects.
• This course contains no external assessments and is therefore not eligible for course endorsement.
• Focus on achieving Level 1 Literacy and Numeracy.
• National Certificates available.
• Opportunity to develop Literacy within a rich context based learning experience.
• Opportunity to develop Numeracy skills through mathematical situations in the real world.