Painting - NCEA Level 1
• Successful attendance and completion of the Year 10 Art programme and the recommendation from the Head of Art.
• Students must pass the 4 credit Achievement standard offered in Year 10 Art to be eligible.
• This course is fine arts/painting based so a high level of technical skill is required.
• Students will be required to regularly attend the after school Wednesday Workshops in order to meet their weekly homework requirements.
Please note this course can be taken in conjunction with TDA101, but only with HOF permission. As some of the standards are the same in both courses it is not advisable, but possible depending on how many credits you can gain in other subjects. Please talk to your Deans first.
• Students will gain a wide range of skills and knowledge throughout this course with an emphasis on painting techniques and processes.
• Students will study the work of established artists to help guide and inform their own art making.