February 28, 2021
Kia ora Wainuiomata High School whanau
As you are probably aware Auckland moved to Alert Level 3 at 6am this morning and the rest of the country moved to Alert Level 2.
What does this mean for us at Wainuiomata High School?
The same as it meant the last time we moved to Alert Level 2:
1. Schools are open to everyone, and all children must attend.
2. Learning will be onsite with distance learning offered in some special circumstances.
3. Schools are not classified as gatherings and a range of events and activities can go ahead.
4. Face coverings are not required at school or on any school transport.
5. Sick people must stay at home.
6. We will have contact tracing in place.
7. Physical distancing, hand hygiene, cough and sneeze etiquette and regularly cleaning and disinfecting high touch surfaces will be in place.
Please note this weeks Learning Conferences have been postponed – we will contact you with up to date details about this during the week.
Some sporting events may also be postponed – again we will keep you posted. But no spectators are allowed if sports do go ahead.
The Junior HFASC trip to Zealandia due to go tomorrow has been postponed.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact the school.
Your child is safe at school and we expect all well children and staff in school tomorrow.
Regards, Wainuiomata High School